Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

But is there real love....?


I love the Russian Bells dusted with snow.
I love the winter stream coursing around the property.
I love the tall white pine trees.
I love the snow on the bright-green forest-moss.
I love the tea in the blue Chinese mug.
I love the deer, sensing its safety here.
I love the chickadee grabbing sunflower hearts from my hand.
I love the the chapel icon with its silver lamp.

But is there real love in my heart?

3 comments:

  1. There must be love in your heart to appreciate all these wonderful things. God bless you Father Morris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you too. Merry Christmas. It's easy to love snow, tea, moss, animals - but loving people, especially when they're rude, selfish, dishonest - that's harder. Loving people is the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to love all people but I hope to be aware of those who treat me unjustly and take advantage of my loved ones.

    ReplyDelete