Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Intercessions ~ Fifth Sunday in the Easter Time

Pope Francis Visits Our Lady of Quinche ~ Ecuador

As the Jewish people enter the Passover time,/ we pray for the world to pass over from the experiences of deep darkness to a new light./ We pray to the Lord. 

We pray for the countries of Ecuador and Japan where devastating earthquakes have caused great suffering this week./ We pray to the Lord.

We ask for our prayer and Eucharistic worship to transform us to order and inner harmony./ We pray to the Lord.

In this political time we can speak and act poorly./ For a return to intelligent conversation,/ civility,/ and a desire for the common good./ We pray to the Lord.

For those who have lost their sense of purpose and direction./ For children who have lost their security./ And for ourselves/ where we face difficult challenges or unknowns./ We pray to the Lord.

For the safety of travelers,/ the healing of loved ones who are sick or troubled./ For this world where there is menace,/ terrorism or threat./ We pray to the Lord.

For those who have died recently in war,/ disaster/ or by neglect./ And for those who bury the dead or mourn them./ We pray to the Lord.






5 comments:

  1. I am not sure when we as a collective stopped desiring the common good, but it does seem that way. Maybe if we could just realize that most people do want peace and harmony and that it is just the radical minority that prevents this from happening. I really do believe that most of us want to live together in acceptance of our differences and tolerant of those with beliefs that are not like ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inner Harmony! I search for that everyday. My first place to go to when I can is the Echuarist. It does bring a joyful feeling of "I can do this". Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, for the families of those who have died in natural disasters and for the rescue workers that search tirelessly for survivors. Their lives have been forever changed by these unstoppable acts of nature. Let us pray that we can prevent death and destruction of our own doing and show a respect for life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are times that I sit in traffic and wonder why I do it. Am I just trudging through aimlessly? But then I read these and I think of all the blessings in my life and am grateful for the love and security I have been given. It puts things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Father Stephen. A blessed Passover to my Jewish friends.

    ReplyDelete