Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Monday




This is Winifred Nicholson's painting titled: Easter Monday. A blue and white clay vase, holding forsythia and daffodils, sits on an open window sill in early spring. 

Daffodils are grown in many places around the world where they have various symbolic meanings. In France, they are a sign of hope. In Wales, the person in the village who is first to see one is assured financial gain. In Japan, daffodils symbolize joy. In The United States, the American Cancer Society calls upon the daffodil to accompany the society's motto, "Hope for a cure." Daffodils celebrate the ten year wedding anniversary.

In China, the daffodil symbolizes, All Things Positive. These days our own country could do with some of that daffodil power where we are devolving into so much anger and negative, divisive hatred. Jesus made seven "I am" statements, all of which are totally positive and worth rehearsing from time to time. May we be seized by their energy oEaster Monday.

Jesus said, I am the Bread of Life.  John 6:35, 48, 51
Jesus said, I am the Light of the World. John 8:12; 9:5
Jesus said, I am the Door of the Sheep. John 10:7,9
Jesus said, I am the Good Shepherd. John 10:11,14
Jesus said, I am the Resurrection and the Life. John 11:25
Jesus said, I am the Way, the Truth* and the Life. John 14:6
Jesus said, I am the True Vine. John 15:1

*For the Christian, TRUTH isn't statements in a book or even lines in a creed. TRUTH is a life - Christ's life; my life! Following Jesus isn't KNOWING the truth but BEING the truth.