Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Sunday Intercessions ~ Thirty Second Sunday in Ordinary Time




As we enter the dark time of the year/ we ask to remain inwardly persons of light:/ not complainers, but grateful,/ not bitter, but serene,/ not anxious, but trusting in God./ We pray to the Lord.

We live in a land of aggressive debate,/ argument and contradiction./ We pray for our country to remember that our salvation lies in giving our lives over to God's transforming power./ We pray to the Lord.

Soon it will be the holiday time./ We ask to keep our sights fixed on Jesus/ who leads us to the things of goodness,/ generosity and peace./ We pray to the Lord.

There are many thousands of  seriously  wounded and damaged soldiers returning home/ as we are still involved in wars./ We ask God to forgive the sins of war/ and to bless the efforts that seek to heal soldiers,/ and that none would be forgotten or abandoned./ We pray to the Lord.

We pray for persons whose lives are filled with trouble:/ prisoners,/ refugees,/ addicts,/ homeless,/ those in chronic pain,/ the depressed,/ people trafficked and enslaved,/ children being raised poorly./ We pray to the Lord.

Our families are often sadly afflicted./ We ask for blessings and gifts of healing where there is physical,/ spiritual,/ emotional,/ relational or financial stress./ We pray to the Lord.

In November we pray for those who have died/ to be recipients of God's charity - received into the joy of God's bright eternity./ We pray to the Lord.


3 comments:

  1. Each of these things reminds us to be grateful for any light in our lives. I will remember to pray for all those who might be suffering with any of the above situations. I feel blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was raised in Catholic home and went to Catholic schools. As children we wer taught to love God with all our hearts. As I grew older, I had forgotten how to love God like a child. I prayed and went to Church and still I had lost that part of my being. You have restored it in me, instilling in me the importance of prayer and praying deeply. How to once again love God and Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary like children love their parents. Unconditionally, trusting and accepting. Thank you for helping me to find what I didn't even know I had lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anonymous and Beth! If you have gratitude, you have the whole of the spiritual life, a good priest told me.

      Delete