Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Friday, January 1, 2016

A Prayer for the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God




Mother of God ~ joy restoring glance,
Mother of God ~ in our withering hopes,
Mother of God ~ who shows us favor,
Mother of God ~ my boast, my pride,
Mother of God ~ when my heart can bear no more.

Mother of God ~ in whom I find a home,

Mother of God ~ in the wintry mix of my mind,
Mother of God ~ who radiates hope,
Mother of God ~ where my prayer finds a hearing,
Mother of God ~ before the fangs of malice.

Mother of God ~ for whom mercy is kindness,

Mother of God ~ and of traumatized children,
Mother of God ~ and of us in our variety,
Mother of God ~ at the new year's start,
Mother of God ~ where hearts are armed.

Mother of God ~ in my sleeplessness,
Mother of God ~ at my inner door,
Mother of God ~ where the demon possesses,
Mother of God ~ in the depths of our error,
Mother of God ~ whose mantle hides me.

Mother of God ~ in the healing of my wound,

Mother of God ~ sweetness of face,
Mother of God ~ beloved by us,
Mother of God ~ I know your hymns by heart,
Mother of God ~ who is like a breeze.

Father Stephen Morris