Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Intercessions ~ Third Sunday in Ordinary Time


Wild Garlic ~ Transitioning to Lent

Bless those who desire and work for peace./ Inspire with love those whose hearts are contentious or violent./ We pray to the Lord.

We pray for those who have lost everything,/ mindful of the children who are traumatized/ or who wait to be re-united with their families./ We pray to the Lord.

In our hemisphere/ everyday there is one more minute of light./ Make us children of the Light:/ bright with purified intentions,/ greater justice and unity./ We pray to the Lord. 

In the Jubilee Year:/ for the Church to learn and not fear mercy,/ which is loyal-love/ and a new depth of solidarity in kindness./ We pray to the Lord.

Lent is not far away./ We pray to know God's Lenten invitation to new life,/ growth and change from within./ We pray to the Lord.

Always,/ we pray for the physically sick,/ but also the heart-sick,/ the emotionally sick,/ and persons spiritually stalled in anger,/ frustration or despair./ We pray to the Lord. 

We pray for those who have died recently in wars,/ terrible accidents or disasters,/ and for our departed loved ones./ And to keep our own death before us,/ that we would live our lives truthfully and beautifully/ as Jesus lived his./ We pray to the Lord.


9 comments:

  1. This is a great list of remembrances. And for those who wrestle with good versus evil in their lives. For making good choices. We pray to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father Stephen, I hope you are planning to take us through Lent in a similar fashion as you have been doing the past few years. It is such a blessing to have your posts to get ready for Easter. For anyone who has not read Pauca Verba for any length of time, Fr. Stephen takes you on spiritual journey of reflection so that as Easter approaches, you are ready to be filled with the joy of the Risen Lord. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind thoughts. I was just thinking of Lent and getting ideas in place for another set of Stations of the Cross. We carry on!

      Delete
  3. I am grateful for the many blessings in my life. And I pray for all those who could use a little extra in the way of prayers. I offer them up to whoever might need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much of the East Coast is experiencing or will experience a major storm. Many people may be left without electricity and heat. I pray that all those left cold and worried will find comfort. And for the safety of all those who must be out in the weather to keep the rest of us safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz F I ditto your post. Going through a rough time and these help me to think of others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I find great comfort in reading everyone's comments here also. It lets me know that we are not alone in our desire to connect more closely with ourselves and with the Lord.

      Delete
    2. I agree. It helps to know that there are others out there reading this and finding it interesting and motivating. And Father Stephen often replies which boosts my faith in his caring that we are indeed reading and reflecting here. It is just a good place to come and grow together. I mostly like the way that I feel closer to God in that I know he loves me no matter what. And that makes me feel most at peace.

      Delete
  6. I enjoy knowing (or imagining) that the folks who comment here are often far away. One fellow even writes from Australia. And from all across the United States. I'm able to look at the "audience" and see that people are reading these posts even in Russia.

    ReplyDelete