Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Intercessions ~ Trinity Sunday



On Trinity Sunday,/ we celebrate the inner life of God which is relational and familial./ We ask to be healed of partisan,/ nationalist,/ isolationist,/ selfish thinking./ Restore our belief in the common good./ We pray to the Lord.

We pray for those whose work benefits us in any way./ For those who help to keep us safe and well./ We pray to the Lord.

For the world where it is mired in conflict./ That we would respect the deep dignity of each human person./ That our way of life might be marked by creative non-violence./ We pray to the Lord.

Give us insight and the resolve to heal our savage world./ We ask for world leaders to be honest,/ well-intentioned,/ measured and just./ We pray to the Lord.

For the children who live in danger,/ where there is war,/ domestic violence or poverty./ For the strengthening of those who are parents./ For orphans and the children who have special needs./ We pray to the Lord.

We pray for those who are corrupted:/ murderers,/ exploiters,/ drug and sex traffickers,/ politicians who have stopped serving the people,/ hustlers,/ abusers and liars./ Bless our efforts to make the world a kinder place./ We pray to the Lord.

Tuesday was the 73rd anniversary of D-Day,/ remembering the amphibious landing of allied forces on the Beaches of Normandy./ We pray for the many thousands who died that day./ For the mourners,/ the wounded and those who were lost and never found./ We pray to the Lord.






4 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding us to pray. As I am writing these words, I see Mary's eyes looking over at them and I am grateful for her presence in my life. Even in this conflicted world and our own personal troubles, we have to keep our faith in God as strong as we can. I can do this with your help here. Sometimes I feel alone, but then I see all these people who have the same thoughts that I do. I have a hankfulness for your presence too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I thank you for your good prayer and thoughts. See the comment above and my response. I will put up the prayer to Mary that grows out of our need and powerlessness. God sees broken hearts.

      Delete
  2. You make me feel as though it all matters, but I know I'm just not that important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a wonderful film called, "The Heart Has Its Reasons" - about the L'Arche communities founded by Jean Vanier. These are communities of hospitality for special needs persons many of whom were thrown away by their families and society. In the last few minutes of the documentary the community celebrates the birthday of one of the first men who came to the house many years ago. Jean Vanier is at the table and as he walks out of the house with the old fellow he muses outloud about not being able to solve all the problems of the world (and there are so many) but rather that we need only put our energies to what is before us and for him that is picking up the throwaways and creating a community of healing and hope. How does it "all matter" for me? I can't do everything, but I can do something - and my heart can expand and expand some more to include the whole world. There is no limit to the heart's capacity. I think that matters to God.

      Delete