Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Intercessions ~ Twenty Second Sunday in Ordinary Time


Late Summer Rain


We ask for Pope Francis to be kept safe and protected from his enemies./ Grant renewal and a fresh inspiration of the Holy Spirit to our battered,/ shamed and wounded Church./ We pray to the Lord.

At the start of September,/ we pray for those who celebrate birthdays,/ anniversaries and other days of remembrance,/ asking for good health,/ strength,/ perseverance and safety./ We pray to the Lord.

We pray for the more than 25 million refugees in the world as we listen to the words of Jesus:/ "I was hungry and you gave me food,/ I was thirsty and you gave me drink,/ I was a stranger and you welcomed me,/ naked and you clothed me,/ sick and you took care of me."/ We pray to the Lord.

Yesterday marked the anniversary of the start of the Second World War in 1939./ We pray for the people and places which still bear the wounds and pain of that terrible fighting./ We ask boldly for world leaders who are skilled in peace-keeping./ We pray to the Lord.

This is Labor Day weekend./ And while our nation is at full employment,/ we pray for those whose work is dangerous,/ under-paid,/ un-appreciated/ or in any way unfair./ We pray to the Lord.

We pray for prisoners,/ especially those living in de-humanizing environments of deterioration,/ abuse and harm./ We pray as well for the sick and the dying,/ persons who are living in situations of dark fear,/ frustration,/ despair and sorrowing-pain./ We pray to the Lord.