Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Ending the Year and Beginning Again




This short but delightful video was passed on just before Christmas; I thought you might enjoy it too. I send it with good wishes that we might all learn light-heartedness and gentle compassion anew.

Some folks still make New Years Resolutions this time of year, but may I suggest a more spiritual approach to this time of ending and beginning again. Are we able to take a few minutes to consider:

  • A time when God seemed to be particularly close this past year.
  • An occasion that deserves a very focused gratitude.
  • Some interaction where forgiveness might be in order - perhaps even forgiveness for myself.
  • And is there some little prayer I want to make at the start of the New Year, asking for guidance, strength, courage or insight about this or that?