Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Sunday, December 20, 2020

You'll want to read this in the Advent Time




This statue (1520) is titled, Maria in der Hoffnung (Expectant Mary). It is found in the Liebieghaus Sculpture Museum, Frankfurt, Germany. It is Advent Mary. The Gospel reading at Mass on December 18th, begins:

The birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child of the Holy Spirit..." Matthew 1:18.

But while stumbling upon this beautifully preserved polychromed statue, I also came upon an online article I think many of us will be interested in reading. Click on the link and don't allow yourself to be discouraged, "Oh, this is too deep for me." If I can read and understand this article (some paragraphs I had to read twice), so can you. Read carefully, America!