Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Rosary for Young People ~ The Third Glorious Mystery ~ The Coming Down of the Holy Spirit ~ Pentecost




Our Father Who art in heaven...


Pentecost was a Jewish feast day celebrating the harvest  time when the fruit was ready be picked. Now the Spirit of Jesus comes to make us fruitful in good deeds that give glory to God.

Hail Mary full of grace...

God is the thing that matters most! And Pentecost, God's Holy Spirit came to the apostles with a great wind. What does this mean? God, like the wind, is everywhere. And so while God is to be met in my church and so wonderfully in Holy Communion, I will also meet God on the playground, at home with my family, wherever I see and hear what's beautiful.


Hail Mary full of grace...






A bright flame came down on the head of each apostle. What does this mean? Flames give light! I ask God's Holy Spirit to bring light to my mind so that I will think kind thoughts, helpful, loving thoughts of fairness and care for other people.


Hail Mary full of grace...

Flame also gives heat, doesn't it? I will ask the Holy Spirit to warm the hearts of the people of the whole world. I'll ask the Spirit to warm the hearts of people to love God. I'll ask the Spirit to warm the hearts of people to love those who are different. 

Hail Mary full of grace...

The apostles gathered in an upstairs room. Jesus was gone and they were not sure what to do. Then the strength of the Holy Spirit visited them and they went out to others. My upper room is in my heart. Surely the Holy Spirit will make it clear to me what to do for Jesus. 

Hail Mary full of grace...

When God made the first human beings a long time ago, he blew his God-breath into them and they became alive. When the Risen Easter-Jesus visited the apostles, who were very afraid, he exhaled a deep breath on them and they became hopeful, brave, joyful and ready to do anything for the love of God.

Hail Mary full of grace...

When the Holy Spirit came to the apostles they went out into Jerusalem, the Holy City. Peter stood up and spoke about Jesus, and all the people understood him even though they spoke different languages! Isn't that amazing? Peter made unity happen. Even though people have lots of different opinions and beliefs, we can make a unity of love. God would be very happy if we'd try that.

Hail Mary full of grace...

The Holy Spirit gives me wonderful powers. Some people only see what's bad and wrong with people. It causes them to dislike others. But at Baptism I was given the power to see God's Spirit present and working everywhere. I will look to see the goodness and beauty in people - even if they can't see it in themselves.

Hail Mary full of grace...

On Pentecost day, when the Holy Spirit came to the apostles, three-thousand people were converted. This means they turned their hearts and minds to accept Jesus. I'll be converted a little bit more today and tomorrow - each day more a true friend of Jesus.

Hail Mary full of grace...

In Baptism, like a flood, I was soaked with the Spirit-Life of Jesus. Every human person has a one-of-a-kind life given by God. I want to live my own life brightly and beautifully, as Jesus lived his own.

Hail Mary full of grace...

Glory be to the Father...