Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Intercessions ~ Pentecost Sunday




At Pentecost/ we pray for minds to be enlightened and hearts to be challenged/ by God's promptings and human need./ We pray to the Lord.

At Pentecost/ we pray to acknowledge the love of God when we are feeling angry,/ heavy-hearted,/ frustrated and worried,/ as much as when we are happy and light-hearted./ We pray to the Lord.

At Pentecost/ we pray for the healing of Christianity where it is scandalously cracked or split./ We pray to the Lord.

At Pentecost/ as fire purifies,/ we pray for the renewal of our own country where there is hatred,/ racism,/ ignorance and simmering violence./ We pray to the Lord.

At Pentecost,/ and in the month of May,/ we pray for those who receive First Communion,/ who are confirmed,/ married or ordained./ For their happiness,/ strengthening and peace./ We pray to the Lord.

At Pentecost/ we pray to remain faithful to the sick,/ the poor,/ the forgotten/ and the children./ We ask to outgrow whatever keeps us inwardly selfish or small./ We pray to the Lord.

At Pentecost,/ grateful for our own life-gift,/ we call to mind those whose lives are ended by terrorism,/ war,/ disaster or neglect./ And for those who in great pain contemplate ending their own lives./ We pray to the Lord. 

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to these each week Father. They always direct my prayer where it needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. We can't go off to where these things are happening but we can actively hold them in our hearts and minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look for these also. They help me to remember that I shouldn't worry about the small inconveniences in my life when other people are far worse off than I. I pray for those who need to feel the Holy Spirit and that they may feel hope and God's love for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flickering tongues of flame at the top of the post. It really draws my attention to Pentecost and the power of the Holy Spirit. It is hard to believe the Easter season is over. I hope that I can feel Christ ever present within me as the months continue onward.

    ReplyDelete