Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Intercessions ~ Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time




As November begins/ we pray for all who celebrate birthdays,/ anniversaries and other days of remembrance,/ asking for the blessings of peace,/ good health and safety./

Marking the 500th anniversary of the start of the Protestant Reformation,/ Pope Francis has asked for the healing of memories,/ the forgiveness of sins/ and that we would forge ahead towards unity with Lutherans./ We ask for these efforts to be fruitful and sustained./ We pray to the Lord. 

Our country will need a very deep purification and healing after Election Day./ We pray that we would love each other well./ We pray to the Lord. 

We pray for Christians who are impatient to be perfect/ and for anyone who is angry with God or the Church./ For people who carry the injury and sadness of past hurts/ and for anyone we need to forgive./ We pray to the Lord.

We entrust our deepest longings to God's care,/ asking for clarity,/ strength/ and patience./ We pray to the Lord.

We pray for seminarians,/ priests and deacons,/ who are discouraged,/ feeling lost or empty,/ tired/ or even unbelieving./ For the restoration of joy and hope./ We pray to the Lord.

We remember those who are chronically or terminally ill./ For those whose health is frail or failing/ and for those who care for them./ And we pray for all the dead:/ fulfill their desire to know you/ who has created and loved us./ We pray to the Lord.

6 comments:

  1. Past hurts are hard to let go of. Getting past deep pain takes time and prayer. Often we need the help of others. Let us pray that people find what they need to live in mindful peace and not to be tortured by memories of bad experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take these each week and pray with them in mind. It is hard to place my complete trust in my prayers to God. I ask for patience daily. That my prayers will be heard clearly as God knows what is in my heart. How do you remain so focused Father? You never fail to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Focus. I need to keep quiet. We can't pray well out of so much noise. A lot of the noise is media noise, but more than a little of it we make ourselves with too much talking.

      Delete
  3. Blessings to you Fr. Stephen for directing us towards better prayer. I feel more confident in myself and what I can do to maintain my faith and beliefs in a way that I can manage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often ask each week, beginning on Monday: What do I need to pray for? God doesn't disappoint.

      Delete
  4. I am glad you mentioned clarity in your petitions. These days, there is so much confusion and things that need to be made clearer, very important decisions are to be made. Please God, make your will clear to me. Thanks for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete