How money is spent says a great deal about who the person, family, community, nation is.
- Americans spend 18.9 bbbbillion dollars on Valentine's Day.
- Americans spend 7.4 bbbbillion dollars on Halloween.
- Americans spend over 10 bbbbillion dollars a year on donuts.
- Americans spend over 13.1 bbbbillion dollars a year on porn.
- The Average American spends $1092. annually for coffee.
Pope Francis said at the start of Lent that any religion which does not require sacrifice doesn't amount to much. He asked this year that Catholics would give up indifference. Translate: any giving up needs to somehow be directed towards improving the lives of other people. I'd suggest doing something to save a child.
The Missionaries of the Poor
CNEWA Catholic Near East Welfare Association
Catholic Medical Mission Board
Unbound: Sponsor a Child